The Witcher 3 Tricks and Secrets
We know it is not an easy task. The creatures, the imperative need to properly manage the inventory and the huge amount of missions can give a hot flash to the most painted. But do not worry. That’s what we are for.
In this article we tell you some of the most important The Witcher 3 tricks and secrets to survive in such a big and hostile world, so read the whole tips carefully. After reading this read the console commands for making your game more interesting.
The Witcher 3 is an open-world game. That means that, when you wander around, you will need to know how to develop. How do you recover from your wounds? How can you get out of a complicated encounter? How does this or that system work?
As you move around the map, you will find some small colored icons on the map. They are some useful and small additional activities that spread throughout the world. They usually have to do with cleaning up an area of enemies or looking for loot, but there are also other interesting things out there.
Do not underestimate the opportunity to interact with what the map suggests: you may get resources and money … it never hurts, right?
- Loot of war: Pay attention to the sea. Some battles leave valuable items adrift from fallen ships.
- Bandit Camp: The bandits who are grouped in a camp are numerous and very hard, but if you manage to kill them all, you will get wonderful looting.
- Cubil of monsters: The most frequent monsters, like the ghouls, protect their nests. Many contracts ask you to end them for the headaches that they entail. Exploiting one of these cubicles gives you experience and monster materials used in alchemy.
- Trafficker’s hideout: Some individuals hide objects of tremendous value in unexpected places, such as under a bridge or in barrels. If you are horny, you can discover them.
- Place of power: A place of power gives you a skill point to improve Geralt and also grants a blessing to a signal temporarily.
- Character in trouble: Many bandits take prisoners and cage them. Freeing them usually means rewards for you, and that those merchants return to their homes to work for you.
- Mission board: Some side missions, and sorcerer contracts, hang on these boards. Geralt needs to work to earn money, and this is one of the most reliable sources of income.
- Hidden treasures: If you hear about a treasure, investigate the place.
- Protected treasures: Sometimes, a wagon is assaulted by monsters or bandits. If you kill what loitering the place, you can loot all that is left …
The sorcerer’s inventory
Not only do you fight with the sword and magic! If you do not manage your inventory well, you can get in trouble. In fact, knowing how to do it in medium and high difficulties is essential.
Geralt can carry up to 60 units of weight (plus what you carry in the saddlebags of Sardinilla, if you buy some, which are 100 units more). Do not go taking everything you can take crazy, because it is absurd. Common objects will not be useful: take them apart or sell them as it suits you.
Some of the most useful objects are oils, potions, and pumps. It is important that you learn to use these three kinds of objects.
- The oils are spread to the swords to increase their effectiveness against certain enemies. They are applied before entering combat, and the oil wears out with each hit. If you know the right oil formula, facing the toughest enemies will become a more affordable task.
- The potions are used to cure or give Geralt better skills. They are toxic, so cramming our bearded character with potions is not a good idea. Manage them well. Both potions and oils require alchemical components. Some of the cheapest and most common ones can be bought from herbalists and merchants. Others require killing concrete monsters and looting them, for example.
- The bombs -rather yo- grenades are tools would you use in those situations where you need a drastic turn of events. Gunpowder followed by an igni signal or some other source of fire is an example of its good use, but on other occasions, it will be absolutely necessary, such as when you want to destroy a monster cube.
These three types of objects are very important, can be improved during the adventure and remain there even after they have been consumed. Manage them with head.
Make sure you also keep your weapons and armor repaired. Visit the blacksmith often, and buy a repair kit for long trips, since defective parts fail hopelessly. Polishing them from time to time confers temporary effects that may come in handy, too. You can find workbenches and sharpening stones near the blacksmiths.
And speaking of blacksmiths … the merchants! It is important to get rid of objects that do not serve you, of course. And you have to do it right. You can sell a book to a traveler, yes, but he won’t pay you much for it. If you sell it to a bookseller, instead, it will pay you much more! It also influences the origin of the merchant, of course. For example, horses are paid better in Nilfgaard than in Skellige.
Get the most out of your equipment
All the weapons in the game have a basic attack value. That number represents the maximum damage that a weapon can do per second (DPS). Any modification made to the weapon or damage, such as a skill, critical impact or enchantment, is applied directly to that value. Similarly, the enemy’s armor and resistance values are managed with this number.
Some weapons are only obtained by creating them. You need a blacksmith smart and skilled enough to forge it, the diagram that explains how it is made and the materials and money to make it. They are not easy to obtain, but they do offer some of the best DPS values in the game. Customize that weapon with runic stones that grant added effects – such as poisoning or imbalance – and have a well-polished blade and you will have excellent weapons to play. Applying oils also helps a lot, as we have already said.
Equivalent armor is independent pieces of armor, gloves, pants, and boots. Each piece offers independent values of basic defense and also of defense against specific types of damage, such as cuts or blows. In addition, they can be light, medium and heavy. Normally the light pieces consume little vigor to resist blows, but they have worse defensive values. The heavy ones have the opposite effect. Find the point where you feel most comfortable!
I hope you enjoyed these witcher 3 tricks and secrets. If you have any advice please tell us in the comments.