From April 2018 till August 2020, Fitbit had released three smartwatches from Fitbit versa till
Fitbit versa 3 definitely with improved and advanced features. If you are worried to buy the
smart product (model) in smart amount so read this review carefully because we are going to
discuss different features of both smartwatch models Fitbit Versa 2 VS Fitbit Versa 3.
This is the first non-APPLE SMARTWATCH that’s worth your money and time.
Fitbit is selling both devices while supplies last, and the Versa 2 will be discounted at select
major retailers for a few months. The Versa 3 is priced at £199 in the UK and $229 in the US.
Similarly, they launched versa 2, In the UK, the Versa 2 is now £169 (£30 less than the Versa 3),
and in the US, the price has been reduced by $20 to $179.
Comparison of Features:
The Versa 2 has a resolution of 300 x 300 pixels, whilst the Versa 3 has a resolution of 336 x
336 pixels, allowing for more detailed graphs, better graphics, and more text to be
displayed at the same time (particularly useful when receiving smartphone notifications).
2. DISPLAY SCREEN:
Display of fit bit versa 3 and 2 are AMOLED shaped with a 1.58-inch display screen and 1.4-
inch display screen respectively.
3. BATTERY LIFE AND CHARGING:
Both Versa 2 and 3 take about two hours to fully charge, with a battery life of roughly six
days depending on usage. It is observed that using the GPS on the Versa 3 all of the time, would
cut battery life to 12 hours.
4. WRIST BAND QUALITY:
The silicone Classic Band of the Versa 2 has an actual buckle, which feels secure but is also a
breeze to take on and off. The silicone Infinity Band of the Versa 3, on the other hand, feels
decidedly less secure, as it uses a peg rather than a buckle.
Both models have connectivity features with slightly different specifications. Fitbit versa 3 have
Bluetooth 5.0, wifi 802.11b/g/n whereas versa 2 includes Bluetooth 4.0, with wifi 802.11 b/g/n
6. WATER RESISTANCE:
Both Versa 2 and 3 are water-resistant up to 5 ATMs (5ATM will withstand pressures equivalent
to about 50 meters, or 164 ft underwater). It’s swim-proof and showerproof.
7. PAY WITH FITBIT VERSA:
The features of both versa 2 and 3 are the same. It can be used anywhere that has a contactless
payment icon. You’re set to go once you’ve added your credit or debit card to your Fitbit watch
8. COLOR OPTIONS:
The Versa 2 launched in three colours:
- Black with Carbon aluminium
- Stone with Mist Gray aluminium
- Petal with Copper Rose aluminium
The Versa 3 launched with five colour options:
- Midnight with Soft Gold aluminium
- Black with Black aluminium
- Pink Clay with Soft Gold aluminium
- Thistle with Soft Gold aluminium
- Olive with Soft Gold aluminium
9. HEALTH AND FITNESS:
- Heart rate monitoring is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week on the Versa 2 and
Versa 3, as well as all-day step tracking on the Versa 3.
- They also include over 20 dedicated training modes, as well as auto-tracking if they
detect that you’ve begun working out without manually starting tracking.
- They also track your sleep, providing you with a report on your sleep patterns and
quality each morning via the Fitbit smartphone app.
- Both watches can also monitor your breathing rate.
- Both the Versa 2 and the Versa 3 monitor your blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) levels,
though it’s worth noting that they only do so while you’re sleeping, unlike some more
advanced sports watches that allow you to check your SpO2 levels at any time.
When to buy Fitbit Versa 3?
When we think to spend more money on versa 3 as compared to versa. If you’ve been waiting
for some of the new features and can afford to treat yourself, it will be worth it. A few important
properties should remain in your mind for a better selection of models.
1. When You need build-in GPS.( 3 owners can go for a run, bike ride or walk without their
phone, and still have their route, distance and speed tracked during their workout)
2. For getting more accurate heart rate data with PurePulse 2.0 technology.
3. You also get Active Zone Minutes, a mic/speaker, and more voice assistant options with
Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
4. Battery life and charging are also better on the Fitbit Versa 3
5. New fast-charging feature provides you with a full day of battery life after being on the
charger for only 12 minutes.
When to buy Fitbit Versa 2?
The Fitbit Versa 2 is suitable for a wide range of users. This wearable will likely remain popular
among Fitbit users for the foreseeable future, whether you’re a beginner or want to work with
a simpler fitness smartwatch. It is also the more cost-effective choice for individuals on a tight
If you don’t find the upgrades all that interesting, the Versa 2 will probably suffice. With
features like heart-rate tracking, sleep monitoring, female health-tracking, and more, its an
an excellent way to address basic health/activity tracking needs.